We Love Weekend Getaways
We love adventures and exploring new areas on the weekends. Paso Robles is one of the areas that we frequent, we have very generous friends who let us stay with them in their beautiful home atop of one of the rolling hills of Paso. Here are some highlights from our trip this last weekend.
The view from their backyard... the peace and quiet that we experience here has not been duplicated by any other place that we have ever visited.
Lake Nacimiento
Welcome!

Joel was so freaked out by this plastic owl, he wouldn't come closer than 3 feet to it. So, we got creative and used it as a make-shift baby gate to keep him confined to the living room and kitchen. I still can't decide if it was a brilliant move on our part, or just mean... but it worked...
Just exploring the property
These trees rock! They are all over Paso. I love the moss, it gives the area a sort of magical feel.
This bottle of wine stole the show. After trying it, I realized that I have never really had cabernet before... all of the others before it were simply imposters. A perfect pairing for our prime ribeye steaks.
Sunrise in Paso. Of course Joel never gets the memo that we are supposed to sleep in while on vacation. Instead, he woke up at 4:45am. He said that he wanted to make sure that he didn't miss the sunrise. It was quite beautiful.

If we ever have $1 million, I will definitely buy a vacation retreat here. The coutryside is definitely a site to behold.
The view from their backyard... the peace and quiet that we experience here has not been duplicated by any other place that we have ever visited.
If you can't be motivated to cook in this kitchen, then I don't know what to tell you!
If we ever have $1 million, I will definitely buy a vacation retreat here. The coutryside is definitely a site to behold.
Comments
BTW: I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but that is a bottle of 1994 Cabernet... (hands down THE BEST bottle of wine I have ever tasted)!!!