The Circus

Mike calls my entourage the family circus. I can see where he is coming from... Joel is the ringleader, Cody is the hairy lion, and I am the usher trying to keep everyone in check.

The circus is always in full swing by the time that Mike gets home from work at night... the earlier part of the day is reserved for warm ups and dress rehersals.

Sometimes I find myself sitting on the couch and suddenly realizing that I am enjoying a moment of silence. That enjoyment is always followed by a tinge of panic, because in my house, quiet means trouble.

This is what Mike and I found last night when everything got peacefully quiet:
In case you can't see everything, Joel is sitting on top of my computer, throwing our dinner napkins all over the kitchen table.

I am SO GLAD that he can't reach the chandelier yet... but I know that it is just a matter of time (and a few inches) before I walk into the room, only to find him swinging from the chandelier.

I love my life!

Comments

Anonymous said…
So does that make Mike the clown in your little family circus?? LOL Joely is such a little monkey, I can totally see his swinging on that chandelier!

BTW I love the new blog look, so springy! One day closer to summer ;)
Tammy said…
Little man is too cute. You can't turn your back for 1 second with him!!

Popular posts from this blog

All Dogs Go to Heaven

Backyard Projects