OK, Fine!

I'm back... it's been a hectic couple of months, and really, I just didn't have the energy to blog...so fire me! Being pregnant while chasing around an active two year old boy has pretty much drained me of all energy reserves. Throw in a move to Orange County at the end of this month(this time for real), and I should be greatful that I remember to brush my teeth every day.
To catch you up, here's a recap of the past couple of months:

We're expecting our second baby, a BOY! He's due to make his appearance around November 22nd. We are elated and can't wait for Joel to be a big brother!

Joel turned 2 on May 7th! I still can't believe it, where did my baby go? Despite the fact that we are now in the throws of the "terrible" twos (can anyone say tantrum?) I just love this phase in his life, he is such a little man! We are so blessed to have him, I pinch myself every day!
Mike and I are contantly thinking of ways to fuel Joel's obsession with trains. For Mike's 29th birthday, we took the family for a ride on a 100 year old steam engine in the Santa Cruz mountains courtesy of Roaring Camp Railroad. It was a cool experience. I would definitely do it again (even grown ups would enjoy this).

We have leased out our townhouse in San Jose and are ACTUALLY POSITIVELY moving to Orange County. We even have a move out date- July 26th. Here's a pic of the cute little house that we will reside in for the next 12 or so months (it's in Laguna Niguel, I hope we like it):

The truck is not included. But the backyard is:

I just hope that Cody and Joel aren't too confused by the grass...I'm sure that they will get used to it.

My little sister, Kathryn, had her baby girl, Hannah Rose, on July 2. I couldn't believe it, but I was actually there! She is healthy and so cute!

Those are our family highlights! Time for me to get back to packing...

Comments

Sequoia Grove said…
Katie, thanks for posting an update! I've been waiting months and I honestly can't believe I checked every day since March 18th! We'll miss having you in the Bay Area but, we will make sure to make a trip to Laguna Niguel soon.
Melissa said…
Another boy, yay! Looks like we're on the totally opposite family plan. I can't wait 'til you guys are down here, your house looks awesome! See you soon...
Anonymous said…
about time you posted! I'm so excited you will be down south...we will finally live close again!
Tell your sister congrats! July 2 is my nieces' birthdays, so it is a good day.

Popular posts from this blog

All Dogs Go to Heaven

Backyard Projects