I Run Therefor I Am

I am quite a running addict... I run at least 30 miles a week. Thank goodness that Joel thinks that it is normal for a kid his age to still sit in a running stroller a couple of mornings a week for at least an hour. I also go on a solo 12 mile long run on Sundays (without my boy). I have gotten into the habit of running without music, mainly as a safety precaution... I don't really know how I can stand running for hours without music, I just kind of get into a zone and forget what I am doing until I either reach a steep hill or I am done with my run. It's really Zen, and it helps me to work out the problems of the world.

I have never really discussed the trail that I run on... it is a 10 mile paved trail that leads from the heart of San Jose to the base of the Santa Cruz Mountains in Los Gatos. If you are feeling especially athletic, you can continue running up a dirt road to the top of the Lexington Reservoir. The reward that awaits you is an amazing endorphin rush as well as some pretty fantastic views. Of course, with everything San Jose, I have to take the good with the bad... the bad being a healthy dose of graffiti decorating the walls along the trail, or the occasional street person talking jibberish as you pass by... the good being the views and the trees that line the trail.

I only run on the trail during peak times, so it is always crowded with other fellow running addicts and bicyclers, which also creates a pretty nice sense of community.

On another note, I am still limited to taking pictures with my Blackberry, so excuse the poor quality, but at least you get the idea... Both of these pictures made both Joel and I laugh (whenever I take pictures of Joel now, he always runs over to me and says "See"? then he usually laughs at the picture that I just took.... so cute!)


Comments

Anonymous said…
Awww, Mike wuvs you Katie!

And how cute that Joel wants to see all his pictures! Maybe that was his problem at lunch yesterday! LOL
Melissa said…
You would be so proud of me, I started running and am training for a 5K, I know, small beans compared to your marathons, but from someone who has always hated running, it's a good goal!

Popular posts from this blog

All Dogs Go to Heaven

Backyard Projects