On Her Radar

During the summer of 2003, Mike, my Mom, James, Jon, Kathryn and I took a trip to Minnesota to visit family (my Grandparents and the Harrisons). One night, the Harrisons treated us with tickets to see an American Idol Concert, which was really fun.

When Clay Aiken got on the stage that night, all of the young girls just went crazy! They loved him! I think someone may have even fainted on account of his dreaminess.

What did my mom do? She started yelling as loud as she could, “save your breath girls, he is Gay! GAY!”

I was horrified.

Well, it turns out that she was right… Clay Aiken has officially come out of the closet.

I learned a very important lesson today; a mother's intuition is far more reaching than just protecting (or embarassing) her young.

Comments

This really made me laugh! I can only imagine being horrified at that time! LOL...
Anonymous said…
Ummm... HI! You have a brand new camera which means you should be posting more pictures of Joely Poley, not less...

update :D

Popular posts from this blog

All Dogs Go to Heaven

Backyard Projects