Apology

Dear San Jose,
I am so sorry that I ever doubted my love for you, I was careless and selfish. I wish that I could take back everything negative that I said about you, especially anything about your weather, and your green foliage. I am also sorry if I ever mentioned that I didn't like the way that your city was set up, or if I ever complained that there were not enough entertaining things to do here. I have learned my lesson, and now understand that Northern California is truly God's Country. Please let me stay here!

Love,
Me

Our little family went on a little vacation last week: we first drove down to visit Teri and Jamie in Camarillo, where we were blown away by those hot Santa Ana winds... my sinuses are still trying to recover. We then flew to Phoenix, Arizona, to visit our good friends, Becky and Logan, where we whithered away in the DRY 90 degree heat (apparently, this is the nice part of the year), and looked at dirt and rocks all weekend. My skin is still trying to rehydrate. Those two weather experiences further convinced me that I have it REALLY good up here in good old San Jose, and that I was pretty naive to think that San Jose was an unfavorable place to live.

Weather aside, we had a fabulous time. It was great to see Teri and Jamie, and my Mom and Sister even took the train up to visit us over the weekend. I missed them all so much and was very happy to be able to spend time with them.
(mom, please don't bust me, this is the only picture of you that I got from the trip!!!)
I consider Logan and Becky a part of our family, and it was fantastic to be able to spend so much time with them as well. Becky's baby girl is due to arrive in January, and she is one of those beautiful pregnant people who I would just love to hate. I swear the only weight that she has gained is in her little baby belly, and if you didn't see that belly, you wouldn't even know that she was pregnant! When I was pregnant, I seemed to gain weight just about everywhere BUT my baby belly, and there was definitely nothing little about me... I am just glad that I wasn't pregnant at the same time as Becky, because then I would have definitely spiked her food with bacon fat.

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh, Katie. You are so cute. I had such a great time with you all out here! I miss Joel terribly! He is such a great little man. Make sure you send me the photos from the trip, and come visit again!
-Becky
Anonymous said…
So glad to hear you're in love with SJ again! Now you see why I could never leave. Although I happen to love the heat, dirt and rocks of AZ ;)

We HAVE to get together when I get back from Vegas!!
Tammy said…
On behalf of the city of SJ we accept your apology and welcome you with open arms!!

Popular posts from this blog

All Dogs Go to Heaven

Backyard Projects