Innovation

I LOVE a child's imagination.... having Joel has reminded me that not everything is as it seems, and with a little imagination, even the simplest of things can fill an afternoon with giggles and entertainment. A box once full of diapers can suddenly transform into a fabulous slide!

I don't really remember, but my imagination must have been so dull before Joel!

On another note, years ago, our minister gave a sermon regarding prayer that has stuck with me. God responds to prayer in one of three ways: Yes, No, or Wait. Simple, but before hearing that, I had always thought that if God didn't answer my prayers, then he was just not listening to me!

With regards to us making the move to Orange County, I still haven't figured out if God's answer for us is a resounding 'No', or to simply 'Wait' it out. However, it doesn't take a crash in the world's financial markets for Mike and I to realize that perhaps our plan isn't going to work the way that we had originally thought... OK, maybe the crash is exactly what caused us to finally pause and think. Our house is still on the market, but for now, we are still living in San Jose.

Actually, we have both started to remember how much we enjoy living up here: our friends, the fresh(er) air, less traffic, the Santa Cruz Mountains... the list goes on and on. And all of our remodeling projects are finally complete (thanks to the preparation that we, I mean Mike, did to get the house on the market). I can honestly say that Mike and I are now enjoying the fruits of our labor!

I am also happy to report that the neighbor who had caused us such stress and exhaustion has perhaps changed his ways... our weekend evenings have been quiet and relaxing... knock on wood!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's so cute!

But, um, is that a wine stopper I see on the floor next to the box?? Partaking in the sauce in the middle of the day now Katie??? Is that the reason Joel found it necessary to make up his own games? Mommy was 'napping'...

HAHA!!

But seriously, I think you're right on with the plans from the Big Dude. Even if they're not the way you want your life to go, He's always looking out for you and making sure what happens is for the best. I personally am glad He feels that your family is better off up here, for now at least :D
Tammy said…
I agree with Lisa in that I personally am glad that you guys get to stay around a lot longer.

Though in talking with Mike I am not convinced that he has warm fuzzies on this area. Personally I like it!

Oh and I love the new pictures of my baby!

Popular posts from this blog

All Dogs Go to Heaven

Backyard Projects